Often the investment goes into the facility on its own with funders applying a ‘built it and they will come’ mentality and little thought is given to how the facility and its management are going to interact with its community. We need to give serious consideration to how our facilities can become more than ‘just places for community sport and physical activity’ and become real hubs for their communities.
- RT @NeilDrysdale: I spoke to a couple of sports editors this week and asked why they were ignoring Scotland’s terrific World Cup qualifying… 3 hours ago
- Einstein, the Retriever, would love to move to the Arctic twitter.com/nicpaynewilson… 1 day ago
- RT @parkrunUK: The world's first prison-based parkrun launched in November 2017. One of the finishers that day was Alfy Kirkley. Before hi… 2 days ago
- My week on Twitter 🎉: 5 Mentions, 2.58K Mention Reach, 25 Likes, 3 Retweets, 1.56K Retweet Reach. See yours with… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- RT @CSCommunityDev: Don`t forget to sign up to our excellent Club and Coaches Forums next weekend! Superb presenters and a great opportunit… 3 days ago