We hear the mantra “we can’t get volunteers’ far too frequently and when we then ask the clubs about how they recruit and manage volunteers, we are generally met with blank stares. Clubs with a welcoming culture, a good structure and a sense of purpose generally attract and retain more volunteers. We should encourage more clubs to embrace the concept of ‘bite-size’ volunteering and say ‘thank you’ to our volunteers as they do at Mansfield Rugby Union Club.
- RT @FCC1860: Winning team 🏏👍🏻🍺 Last 16 of @TheCricketerNVC is no mean feat. Great day...and a few quid raised for @MNDScotland #Carefree h… 2 minutes ago
- Well done to @FCC1860 and I am sure you made @StaxtonCricket feel very welcome at your great club twitter.com/FCC1860/status… 3 minutes ago
- @StevenGreig4YW Hi Steven I've just tried to send an email to steven.greig@gannochytrust,org. I bounced back - can you help? 11 hours ago
- Just sent follow up email from meeting with @PerthDoocotCC - to work with clubs who want to play a role in their community is so rewarding 12 hours ago
- RT @Gala_Cricket: Bouncy castle, bbq, bar & live sport as we play Marchmont on Braw Lads' Day at Meigle Park - come up for relaxing afterno… 1 day ago