This is the title of the presentation given by Simon Turner, co-founder of Your Sport Your Home and The Crags Centre at the Power of Sport conference. That takes place on 15th June 2016 at the Royal Society of Edinburgh and focuses on how Scotland’s community sports providers can benefit their communities and increase their impact.
Simon Turner will explore the role our facilities could play in leading Scottish sport towards both world-class achievement and social change.
Topics covered include:
• The 6 Steps to Sustainability for community sports facilities
• The irrational dedication of community sport leaders
• Sport for sport’s sake vs Sport for Change – ways to combine both philosophies
• Asset Transfer for community sports groups
• Disruptive business models
• Why culture trumps strategy
• How to bypass grumpy janitors, bored duty managers and no-care administrators
Central to Simon’s talk is his conviction that everyone wins when clubs have a home.
Simon is the co-founder of Your Sport Your Home and The Crags Centre, a sports facility that was shut down in 2010 before Simon led a group of basketballers to turn the Centre into a sustainable resource.
For further information contact Svend Elkjaer at Sports Marketing Network, email email@example.com or call 01423 326 660.